Here is my new collection of recipes that I’ve picked up from my travels.
Rice Paper Rolls
200gms of chicken
1 cooking onion
1 1/2 teaspoons of Garlic or 2 cloves if fresh
2 tablespoons of Honey
Fresh Mint Leaves
1/4 Red Capsicum (optional)
Sweet chilli sauce, Satay sauce and Oyster sauce to serve.
1. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, slice the onion and crush the garlic if using fresh
2. Heat a frying pan with oil- I like to use coconut oil and place the garlic, onions and salt in the frypan- stir.
3. After 2 minutes add the chicken and cook until done. Stir through the honey and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
4. Julienne the carrots, pineapple and capsicum (optional).
5. Pick the mint leaves off the stems.
6. Place the sauces and all ingredients in bowls.
7. To serve soak the rice paper rolls, add fillings and roll like a spring roll. Dip in preferred sauce choice and enjoy!
Tip: 1 mint leaf per roll broken up should be the perfect amount!